Chris Brown Won’t Be Charged for Stealing
Chris Brown won’t be charged for stealing an iPhone from a female fan who tried to take his picture in Miami, Florida last February as prosecutors have dropped the case due to insufficient evidence
Chris Brown has avoided charges after being accused of stealing a woman’s phone earlier this year.
The controversial star – who was approached while in his car outside the Cameo club in Miami in February by Christal Spann, who claimed as she tried to take a photo of him he “reached though his car window and snatched her phone from her hands” – will not face charges because prosecutors have decided to drop the case.
The Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office told E! News that an extensive investigation produced insufficient evidence against the 23-year-old singer and they will no longer be pursuing the case.
According to the original report Christal filed with Miami police, the ‘Don’t Wake Me Up’ star grabbed her phone and told her: “B***h, you aint going to put that on no website,” before putting his car window up and driving away with the $500 iPhone device.
Christal filed her police report on February 19 and if it became a legal matter, the incident could have caused Chris trouble as he is still on probation for the 2009 assault on his on-again/off-again girlfriend, Rihanna.
The phone was later traced to one of Chris’s entourage who said in a sworn statement that he picked up the phone after the singer threw it out the window and had no intention of stealing it but simply wanted to prevent Christal from taking his picture.
Prosecutors forwarded their findings to Los Angeles for review in Chris’ probation case but since he won’t be charged it is unlikely to affect it.
You might also like